Position 1: Class Teacher – 1 Year Fixed Contract 1st September 2021 – 31st August 2022 – MPS3
Position 2: Class Teacher Permanent from 1st September 2021 – MPS3
- Closing Date for both positions: Friday 16th April 2021 at 12 noon
- Interview Date for both positions: Week commencing 26th April 2021
Do you believe in enquiry-led learning?
Do you believe you can be a source of inspiration to children and colleagues alike?
Do you want to gain experience in helping to move a school from ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’
Growing pupil numbers have created the opportunity for Pocklington Community Junior School to recruit an enthusiastic, creative and self- motivated person to join their committed team. The last Ofsted report judged us as good with outstanding attitude and behaviour. We are seeking a teacher who has a proven track record of delivering outstanding progress and can evidence this to us.
Our school has invested significant time and energy into defining what it is we believe is right for the children in our care. Our whole school ethos revolves around our school values and drives everything we do – including how we teach, how our curriculum is planned, and how we treat each other. It is vital that the successful applicant not only understands what these values are and why they are important to the school, but shares our belief that each and every value is important in order for children to develop into well-rounded young people ready for the next stage in their lives.
Visits to the school prior to application are strongly encouraged. Please call to book an appointment on 01759 302224.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can evidence consistently good classroom practice
- Understands target driven achievement
- Has a positive and motivating attitude in school
- Will be prepared to be innovative and take risks to achieve the best possible outcomes for our children
- Is a confident and creative practitioner
- Is able to inspire children and colleagues
We can offer:
- The chance to join a supportive and forward thinking teaching and learning community
- A hard working and dedicated team of likeminded individuals
- An opportunity to play a significant role in shaping the future of our school and the local community
- Children who are well behaved, happy and proud of their school
Pocklington Community Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All post-holders are subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS disclosure.
Application forms must be sent directly to the school, in hard copy form, prior to 12 noon of the closing date. Postal Address: Pocklington Junior School, 65 Kirkland Street, Pocklington, York, YO42 2BX.
As the post may not arrive before 12 noon please ensure that enough time is given for your application to be received by the closing time/date.
The school cannot accept applications in electronic or online format. Any applications received after the closing time will not be considered.