Lunchtime is staggered for pupils and takes place between 11.45am and 1.15pm. Pupils in Years 3 and 4 start their lunch at 11.45am and return to their afternoon sessions at 12.45pm. Pupils in Years 5 and 6 start their lunch at 12.15pm and return to their afternoon lessons at 1.15pm. The children can have a school meal, a packed lunch or be collected by an adult to have a home lunch. We have a team of dedicated Lunchtime staff who care for and supervise the children, including a Playleader who arranges a variety of games.
School lunches are prepared and served on the premises by our kitchen staff. Our Spring Summer Menu 2018 is set in-line with the ERYC menus. Meals cost £2.30 per day and payment by cheque or cash should be sent in on a Monday for any meals required that week (cheques payable to WLP). You can also pay for meals electronically by registering for a School Gateway account:
- Enter the email address and mobile phone number we have on record for you and select the ‘Send PIN’ button
- A PIN number will be text to your mobile which you then use to log on to the site
Free School Meals
In order to support parents, the government provides Free School Meals to children whose families are eligible for certain benefits; this is not just for children whose parents are unemployed.
If eligible, your child could have a Free School Meal on a daily basis, saving up to £400 over a year. For every Free School Meal child in the school, the school receives a further £600 into the budget to be spent on supporting and developing the child.
Your child(ren) will be entitled to free school meals if you as the parent are in receipt of any of the following benefits:
- Job Seekers Allowance (Income Based)
- Income Support
- Universal Credit
- Child Tax Credit (but NOT receiving Working Tax Credit) – provided your annual income, assessed by the Inland Revenue, does not exceed £16,190 (Please note: this amount is subject to change in April every year)
- Employment Support Allowance (Income Related)
- Guarantee Element of State Pension Credit
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
If you think your child may be eligible for Free School Meals, you can either pop into the office to chat to one of our administration team, or use the portal on the East Riding website which can be found here.