Free School Meals
Are you missing out?
Save up to £400 per year
Is your child entitled to Free School Meals?
If so, the school will also benefit by receiving extra funding towards resources to help enhance your child’s education.
- Free school meals are available to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of, one or more of the following benefits:
- Universal Credit (provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for four weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit.
Entitlement to free school meals is kept as confidential as possible. The free school meal will remain in place for as long as your child continues to attend an East Riding of Yorkshire school and you continue to be entitled to one of the above qualifying benefits. Remember – you must contact East Riding of Yorkshire Council’s benefit section if your circumstances change and you are no longer in receipt of one of the listed benefits.
Apply on-line: www.eastriding.gov.uk
Call: 01482 394799
Visit: East Riding Customer Service Desk
Complete the FSM Application form available here or from the Customer Service Centres listed below.
Pocklington Pocela Centre (Pocklington Library)
East Riding Pocela Centre 23 Railway Street
Market Weighton Wicstun Centre
East Riding Wicstun Centre 14 Beverley Road
Even if your child chooses to bring a packed lunch, they can still benefit from your application by using the resources we will be able to get.